Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Adventure

Let me tell you what's been going on.

Hiked Angel's Landing in Zion. Life changed.

Abe's visit to California. Midnight walks to the beach, sitting together in silence. Dinner, bike rides, frisbee on the beach. No sleep. Who needs it? Drives up the coast, watching the stars come out at Waddell Beach under a wooden lean-to, my head against his chest. Silence.

Trip to Belize in June. Took water taxi from Belize City to Caye Caulker. Dove off cement docks into water repeatedly---forgot what warm ocean water felt like! First night: ran through absolute downpour from restaurant back to hostel. Felt alive. Left Caye Caulker and headed for Xunantunich--Mayan ruins in the Rainforest near the Guatemala border. Hit by a car. Everything changed. Hiked the ruins anyway. Headed south to Hopkins...spent days in a hostel 50 feet from the water. Endured hurricane. Swam in warm water under full moon. Snorkeled with a nurse shark. Watched natives drum. All magic. Long bus rides criss-crossing the country sharing headphones, being quiet, and feeling love. Wow.

Trip to Portland. Biked 35 miles...Sauvie's Island trip. Stopped at roadside market to sample fruit. Jumped in river...freezing and reviving. I knew I was alive.

Triathalon in Pleasanton. Abe's first. He was waiting for me at the finish line. Smiles. Satsang together.

Backpacking in Santa Cruz Mountains. No tent; forgot flashlight. Thank God for cell phone flash camera. Encountered mountain lion and bear. Abe's wallet stolen by wild animal. Footprints left on my journal.

Birthday weekend. His, here. Engaged by the end. No surprises, though.

East Coast Trip. I finish my first competitve triathalon--in spite of flooding and downpours during bike ride--with a smile on my face. He meets my family. Wedding planning begins. Cave trips, hiking. Drive to Virginia. The trees are beautiful. I see my new home. New family. Retreat preparations. Meditation dates, and cooking dinner with vegetables from the garden.

We feel love. More everyday.

So many more adventures to come....

No comments: