Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Psalm 119

Bits and pieces of a favorite psalm.

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word...
10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands...
1 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you...

I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word...
26 I recounted my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees.
27 Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders.
28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

106 I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws.
107 I have suffered much; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your word.
108 Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws.
109 Though I constantly take my life in my hands, I will not forget your law.
110 The wicked have set a snare for me, but I have not strayed from your precepts.
111 Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart.
112 My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end. You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. I call with all my heart; answer me, O LORD, and I will obey your decrees...

46 I call out to you; save me and I will keep your statutes.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.
148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.
149 Hear my voice in accordance with your love; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your laws.

No comments: