Monday, October 08, 2007

Call for Submissions! That means YOU!

Hi Blog Readers Near and Far:
I'm putting together an envelope full of advice from friends and family for the birth coming up in about 7 weeks! We are planning a natural, unmedicated childbirth, so I need words of wisdom, encouragement, and advice from YOU. Here's what you can do:

1. If you are a friend or reader--post a comment on this blog post or email it to me with your words of advice, encouragement, wisdom, etc. that you think would be helpful to read when I'm in labor and wishing for anything to dull the pain! It can be something you've heard, read, or just a well wish.

2. If you are a friend or reader who has been through childbirth--post a comment on this blog or email it to me with some sage advice on getting through the stages of labor. Have a favorite mantra or position that worked for you? Pass it on!

3. If you are a friend or reader who has been through natural, unmedicated childbirth--post your comment or email me with some things that worked when you were, oh, around 7cm or 8cm and feeling your worst! Share *anything* that helped...positions, breathing patterns, visualizations, massage techniques, etc. etc.

Extra Credit--If your husbands/partners/boyfriends/guy friends have any advice for Abe, send it along as well!

The idea is that I'll cut these up, fold them, put them in an envelope, and tote them to the birthing center with me. When I feel like I just can't make it a second longer, I'll give myself a goal of waiting five minutes and pulling out some encouraging words to keep me going. SO, YOUR sage advice could be the thing I read that gets me through the worst of labor!

I know this probably sounds hokey, but I've always been a milepost kind of person...it gives me some sense of control and something to work for. So start writing.....believe me, it'll be appreciated!

Counting down (and waiting for your thoughts),
Me

No comments: