Sunday, May 28, 2006

Kentucky

I forgot what it is like to feel completely relaxed...to walk barefoot in a field of soft, warm grass...to walk around in shorts and tank top with belly hanging out all day and night, and never feel cold or self-concious...when I am here, in Kentucky, where I grew up, I get occasional glimpses of a time when I didn't have body consciousness, or consciousness of time or space or negative emotions or things...it wasn't always perfect, but now, it seems, through these lenses, a kind of limitless lightness. It is easy to smile, easy to laugh, easy to run around. I remember who I was, and find out who I am becoming. What a great circle.

The same boat, the bird's call, call of wild. The dream, my dad, his health. FADE. The dream still haunts me. A prophecy. How many times will it come true?

Dear Misty.........

No comments: